24.8.09

Can't draw...so I went to the movies!

ARGH! I can't draw! I only have my A6 sketchbook with me and I usually work in an A4. I didn't realise that I didn't have any sketchbooks at home. And I just happened to have the A6 in my bag when I flew back over here.
It's not just that, though. Even if I did have an A4 with me, I have no ideas in my head. I sort of feel like drawing (but even the will to physically pick up a pencil is fading at the moment). How annoying. I don't know if it's more laziness or lack of confidence, but I won't get into that one. Alls I know is that I'm not producing anything of any worth and this is disconcerting at best.

All of that basically means that my work, for the time being, is all for technical purposes. Mostly exercises in mechanical aspects of what I do rather than any conceptual stuff.

In other news, I saw Inglourious Basterds today with my mum. WOWZA! Good film!! I mean, Bravo, Mr. Tarantino! I highly recommend it. Humorous and suspenseful - if a bit gory! (but that's Tarantino, isn't it?) - and just very well done. Only one complaint (something that isn't a criticism really), but I don't want to be giving away the plot. Just go see it! You won't be disappointed ; )


2 comments: